Scroll down to The World of Envy’s Payment terms
The World of Envy understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) that comes in to effect May 25, 2018. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and the persons travelling with you.
This policy outlines how we treat our client’s personal data after it has been collected by us.
If you have any questions about anything covered below, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
– Names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address;
– Birth dates and Passport details;
– Credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
– Loyalty programs & Memberships;
– Personal preferences;
– Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements;
– Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
– Travel details such as booking confirmations, hotels, destinations, preferences;
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
– When you purchase a product or service from or through us
– When you subscribe to our newsletter
– When you speak to any of our team
What will we do with it?
(1) We will use your name, contact details, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
(2) We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
(3) For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the SWEDEN/EU). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
(4) Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, CVC code, billing postcode, your address and other related information. This information is required and necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
(5) We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
(6) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company.
(7) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the SWEDEN/EU. These functions include administration, customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business, risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(8) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future bookings and marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing: The World of Envy AB, Västra Trädgårdsgatan 15, 111 53 Stockholm. firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 14 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Subscribers can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications. Email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re-read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
Your booking with The World of Envy is subject to the following terms & conditions:
- For all hotel bookings 4 nights or longer, as well as package deals, villas, apartments, and yachts, a deposit of at least 20 percent is required at the confirmation of booking. Note! Full payment is required no later than 45 days prior to departure.
- If your booking is made within 45 days of departure, full payment is due immediately.
- For hotel bookings less than 4 nights, a deposit of at least 15 percent is required at the confirmation of the booking. The additional 85 percent is required no later than 20 days prior to departure.
- If your booking is made within 20 days of departure, full payment is due immediately.
- If the terms & conditions of the hotel, villa, apartment or yacht require larger deposits and/or earlier payments (than what is stated above) you will be informed of this at the confirmation of the booking.
We reserve the right to vary the above deposits and payment dates as appropriate.
- For peak season, such as Christmas, New Years and major events, or during July and August in Europe – 100 percent payment may be required at booking. This will be communicated to you at the confirmation of the booking.
- Payment is due by transfer to The World of Envy AB at Swedbank, Sweden, account details on invoice. Credit cards are accepted.
- Full payment must be made no later than the date stated on your booking confirmation. If full payment is not received by this date, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday arrangements and retain your deposit.
- When the rate is given to you in the local currency of your destination, (for example Euro or USD) and your payment is made in a different currency (for example SEK) we reserve the right to amend the rate on your currency selected for the 2nd payment to that days exchange rate. To avoid this you can pay 100 percent upfront.
For hotel bookings 4 nights or longer, as well as package deals, villas, apartments, and yachts:
- If you cancel your booking more than 45 days prior to departure the deposit will be reimbursed to you in full (unless the service booked requires a non-refundable deposit) but an administration fee of 2000 SEK/person will be charged.
- If you cancel your booking less than 45 – 20 days prior to departure – your percent deposit will be retained by us.
- If you cancel 1- 20 days prior to departure your 100 percent deposit will be retained by us.
- In some cases 100 percent payment is necessary at time of booking and no cancellation possible.
- For last minute bookings, if nothing else is stated, the deposit will be non refundable.
For hotel bookings less than 4 nights
- If you cancel your booking more than 45 days prior to departure the deposit will be reimbursed to you in full (unless the service booked requires a non-refundable deposit) and an administration fee of 1000 SEK / person will be charged.
- If you cancel your booking less than 45 -14 days prior to departure – the 50 percent deposit will be retained by us.
- If you cancel 1-14 days prior to departure 100 percent deposit will be retained by us.
- In some cases 100 percent payment is necessary at time of booking and no cancellation possible.
Amendments by you
- The World of Envy will do our best to assist you if you wish to make changes to your confirmed booking but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible. If changes can be made you are responsible for all extra charges and costs. We also reserve the right to charge a SEK500 administration fee per person.
Amendments or Cancellation by us
- In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for us to make changes or cancellations to your confirmed booking. Any such changes or cancellations will be notified to you as early as possible. We will of course do our outmost do avoid this.
The World of Envy will advice you on airlines and flight itineraries but does not book flights. We recommend all our clients to book their own flights/transportation. We do however work closely with partners who can assist you. The World of Envy will not be responsible for any delays or cancellations but will do our outmost to assist you when needed and if possible move your booking to accommodate new flight schedules if changes occur. Your airline is directly responsible for your airline tickets and any delay or liability associated with your flights.
- Once you have received your confirmation, it is your responsibility to check that the information and booking details such as dates, including the spelling of all passenger names, are correct. Once this has been approved an invoice will be issued.
- Any passports, visas, health certificates, insurance, International Driving Licences and other travel documents required for the holiday must be obtained by you, and it is your responsibility to ensure that these are all in order. You are also responsible for any additional costs incurred (whether by you or by The World of Envy AB on your behalf) as a result of failure to comply with such requirements.
- You are responsible to arrive at stated departure times and places, and any loss or damage that you suffer through failure to do so lies with you.
- We strongly recommend that you secure adequate travel insurance, which should in most cases include cover, under certain circumstances, against loss of deposit or cancellation fees, at the time of booking.
Force majeure is considered to be all events beyond the control of The World of Envy AB that may prevent the realization of the services such as, but not limited to, natural disasters (earthquakes, floods, epidemic), war, riot, terrorist activity, union actions as well as all what may result of these.
The World of Envy AB will not be held responsible but will be in the obligation to advise their customers, if at all possible, as soon as possible by fax, e-mail or phone. The World of Envy AB will also do whatever is in our power to assist our customers, assure their safety and if necessary try and organize their return to their home country upon agreement of the Consulate of the customer’s country.
Should a customer, due to a force majeure, have to interrupt/change services (including amendment, extra nights, change or cancellation) booked via The World of Envy AB, The World of Envy AB cannot be held responsible for it nor be asked compensations.
The World of Envy AB will do our best to ensure that the information contained on our web site is accurate and up to date. However, we recommend that you verify the information before acting on it by contacting us before your booking.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained online, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured online at any time. Images and copyright rights belong to the hotels, villas and yachts featured.
The price of your holiday will be confirmed on booking. Prices shown online are only an indication, and are always subject to change and availability. The price of your booking is guaranteed by the confirmation invoice. The price of your booking as shown on your confirmation invoice will not be increased unless you amend your booking – with the exception of payment being made in a different currency than stated on the invoice.
The World of Envy wishes you a memorable trip!